The OptiHealth Pledge
Are you ready to commit to creating a culture of optimal health for yourself, your family, and your community?
As a ____________: (Parent, Pastor, Doctor/HP, Teacher, Coach/PT, Employer, Neighbor, Friend, Citizen)
I understand that:
- Our society is increasingly burdened by chronic diseases, most of which can be prevented or minimized through a healthy lifestyle.
- My role within this society of rampant unhealthy behaviors is to help restore, maintain, and enhance the health and well being of myself and others by offering hope, guidance, and support.
- My lifestyle reflects my values and priorities, establishes my credibility, and affects the quality and effectiveness of the care that I provide.
- Therefore, my purpose calls me to live a healthy lifestyle that is consistent with my values and the advice that I give.
Thus, for the sake of my health, as well as the health of my family, friends, and community, I promise to work towards the following optimal lifestyle ideals to the best of my ability:
- I will engage in regular physical activity.
- I will get an adequate amount of restful sleep each night.
- I will consume a nutritious, whole-food, plant-based diet.
- I will achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- I will refrain from the use of harmful substances.
- I will spend time outdoors enjoying recreational activities.
- I will listen attentively and express my thoughts appropriately.
- I will develop my mental skills and maintain emotional balance.
- I will identify my negative feelings and accept life’s challenges.
- I will diminish my personal stressors and resolve conflicts.
- I will trust God to lead me through this personal transformation process.
- I will acknowledge my progress and celebrate my victories.
- I will encourage my family and friends to develop healthier lifestyles, as well.
- I will work as a partner with others in these efforts.
- I will also do what I can to promote healthy lifestyles in my community.
- I will respect and try to understand the health beliefs of others.
- I will guard myself from potential lifestyle prejudices against others, considering the complex dynamics of unhealthy behaviors.
Recognizing that Therapeutic Lifestyle Change takes time and effort, I make this pledge freely upon my honor to the best of my ability and for the benefit of everyone that I may influence.